Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Meet Jeff Armstrong


Meet Jeff Armstrong, East Bay native and Gilman booker. I asked Jeff to book at Gilman back in the fall of 2008 when I noticed that he was always at the club with another dude I was training to be a booker (Bobby Adopted), so those two eventually became Gilman's dynamic duo in 2009. The rest is Gilman legend.  Okay, maybe not, but Jeff has become THE d.i.y. flyer guy for the East Bay. When you see Prank Fest flyers and 1-2-3-4-GO! fest posters on every telephone pole between Albany and Oakland, that's Jeff. I showed him (and Bobby) all my flyer routes back in 2008, so Jeff still kicks me 15% of all the money he makes from his corporate flyering gigs (not really).

Here's an interview we did with Jeff Armstrong, discussing Gilman's 25th anniversary, as well as his personal reasons for volunteering at 924 Gilman.




Photo by Ingrid Johansen

No comments:

Post a Comment